- General provisions
Solo Optical respect the personal privacy of all users of the www.solo.com.mt (“Website”) and all customers at our stores. We therefore take all of our obligations for processing personal information very seriously. This Privacy Statement applies to any use of the Website and to communication you have with a Solo Optical store.
- Supply of personal information
We collect personal information for Solo Optical competitions for which entries are accepted online. We may also ask you for your personal information when you request information from us, submit any comments to us or if you report a problem with the Website. No personal information will be collected without your consent. We may collect and process the following information about you:
• your name;
• date of birth;
• contact telephone numbers (including mobile);
• e-mail and postal address;
• details of any prescription supplied to you by your healthcare professional or medical practitioner;
• information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website;
• details of your visit to the Website and any transactions you carry out on the Website.
- Our use of your personal information – competition entry, contacting Solo Optical and Website browsing
Your personal information will only be used for the purposes of entering a Solo Optical competition, providing you with information on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes) or as stated in this Privacy Statement and or at the point of collection of the data.
You expressly consent to the Group:
• processing your personal information so that the Group can inform you about new healthcare related products and services available from the Group;
• processing your personal information to enhance the services and goods the Group makes available to its customers;
If you do not register as a customer but wish to email Solo Optical through the Website (email@example.com) you will be providing us with personal information about yourself, including your email address, name and contact details. This may include medical information. You may also be required to supply personal information (but not medical information) through the Website for entering a Solo Optical competition. We will only use such information for the purposes of providing a reply, reviewing any feedback or improving the Website. If you are simply browsing our Website we will not collect any personal information which will identify you however, we will collect information using cookies and/or traffic data which uses IP addresses or other numeric identifiers which analyse navigation and use of the Website. Personal information collected will be retained by the Group for as long as is reasonably necessary (or as defined under applicable healthcare laws and regulations) to provide products and services (including after sales service) to you.
- Disclosure to third parties
We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside of the Group, without your prior consent, except the following:
• health authorities or national equivalent bodies;
• in the event that the Group sells or buys any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller;
• any agents or subcontractors that process data on our behalf;
• where we are otherwise legally required to do so (for example to any court of competent jurisdiction or any law enforcement agency with statutory authority)
- Updating, accessing or removing personal information held by us
You can amend or remove your personal details either by signing in to Your Account (if you are a registered online customer) or notifying firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marketing material
We may use your personal information to contact you in relation to healthcare related products and services offered by the Group. To ensure you continue to receive excellent healthcare, Solo Optical may send you non-marketing material such as appointment reminders and notices to remind you of the expiration of your current prescription. You can opt out of receiving any email marketing material from the Group by removing your consent at any time by notifying email@example.com. Having opted in to receive email marketing material you will always be provided with an opportunity to opt out on each such communication.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information. We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to the Website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.
- Updating our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion and, in such event, we will post a clear message on our Website. By continuing to use the Website after we post notification of any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
- Contacting us
Please email questions, concerns or comments you have about this Privacy Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Registered Office. Registered Office Solo Optical, Vjal ir-Rihan, SanGwann, Malta, SGN 9021 Last updated 6 October 2015
- Data Collection & Cookies
- Google Maps
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Page widget